Find out the benefits of using a Third Party Reporting Centre
- Reporting centres are a way to overcome the communication boundaries that sometimes exist between the police and local communities
- It enables victims of hate crime to report their incident in an environment of their choosing where they feel confident and comfortable
- Victims are able to report anonymously which will still enable the police to gather information on the levels of hate crime and hot spots to information share but protects those victims who are not confident revealing their identity
- Centres ensure a victim led approach
- They ensure victims who may not have previously reported incidents get the relevant help and support they require
- Reporting Centres provide a clearer picture on what is happening and where. This allows police resources, communities and agencies to work together to disperse hot spots.